As if meatloaf could get any better, I had a new meatloaf baby, y’all. It’s got BBQ sauce, bacon and cheddar cheese. Basting it with BBQ sauce only adds to the deliciousness. Serve this baby with mashed potatoes…OMG!! Enjoy!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ pound ground sausage
- ½ pound cooked bacon cut into pieces
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 c chopped yellow onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ c cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp bar-b-que sauce
- ¾ c panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat enough olive oil to cover the skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the garlic and onions and cook until soft. Remove skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently fold the ground beef, sausage and bacon pieces into each other, being careful not to overmix the ingredients.
- Add the onion mixture, bread crumbs, eggs, and cheddar cheese. Mix with your hands, but don’t overwork it. Overmixing will make the meatloaf too dense.
- Form the meat mixture into two loaves on a well sprayed baking rack. Cover with BBQ sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 10 – 15 minutes before slicing.