Peppercorn Seared Salmon with Caramelized Shallots & Fig Chutney
A delightful new twist on seared salmon! Searing the salmon with a fresh blend of peppercorns, combined with the sweet delight of caramelized shallots and figs, creates a whole new flavor explosion. Shallots are quite delicate and don't over power the dish. So you are able to enjoy the subtle sweetness of the figs, while balancing it with a just a little bite!.And as an added bonus, salmon and figs are both aphrodisiac foods. Salmon provides the necessary fundamentals for the production of estrogen, testosterone and progesterone. Ripe figs, with their seeds are representative of fertility. Figs are also high in amino acids which helps increase stamina and libido.Translation: Salmon and figs improves stamina, it makes your libido go up!Who knew!
Peppercorn Seared Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon filets
- salt & peppercorns
- 1/2 cup butter
- olive oil
Caramelized Shallots & Fig Chutney
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup figs, chopped
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Prepare the Salmon:
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season salmon with salt and season generously with peppercorns.
- Place seasoned salmon in heated oil and sear each side of the salmon for approximately 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, and add ½ cup butter.
- Broil in oven at 450 degrees for 7 - 9 minutes.
Prepare the Chutney:
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat butter and olive oil.
- Add shallots and brown sugar to butter and olive oil; cook until brown sugar dissolves, and the shallots are soft and fragrant. About 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add chopped figs and cook until figs soften.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and stir well to combine.
- Serve chutney with seared salmon and enjoy!