Perfect Pizza Dough
The best pizza starts with the best pizza crust. Making your own pizza dough is not difficult, you just need to have a few things down. Here's my recipe for the perfect pizza crust. This recipe never disappoints and every pizza is better than the last one! Enjoy.
- 1 1/3 cup water (105 - 115 degrees)
- 1 packet active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 3 1/2 cups A.P. flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Sprinkle yeast on top of warm water. Allow yeast to bloom. (about 7 - 10 mins)
- In stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, salt, olive oil.
- Using the dough hook, on low speed, slowly add the yeast and water mixture.
- When fully incorporated, allow the stand mixer to knead the dough for 8 - 10 minutes until a smooth ball has formed.
- Place dough ball in separate bowl lined with olive oil. Be sure to turn the dough in the bowl so that all sides have a coating of olive oil.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in a warm, dry place to rise for 45 - 60 minutes (until doubled in size).
- After dough has risen, using your hands deflate the dough. Place on floured surface to roll out.