Swine & Cheese Burgers
Summer is here and it's burger time! I shared four signature Chef Lorious burgers on WJLA's Good Morning Washington. This one, the "Swine and Cheese" burger are my favorite! Enjoy the recipe.Burger Makeover with Chef Lorious (WJLA-GMW)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sweet ground sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all purpose seasoning (recommend Chef Lorious House Seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound bacon, cooked
- In a skillet coated with hot olive oil, saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add mustard and seasoning and combine well.
- Add softened, seasoning, onions, and garlic to the ground beef and sausage.
- Using your hands work the mixture together. Be sure the onion seasoning mix is well combined with the meat.
- Add the panko and the egg and combine well.
- Form two thin burger patties.
- On top of one patty, put 1 Tablespoon of cheddar cheese and several bacon pieces in the center of the patty.
- Cover with the other patty and seal the edges very well.
- Cook it – grill it, fry it, broil it, bake it – whatever you choose, until it’s done!