Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine all. Don't worry if it's not smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until flour is absorbed.
- Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 – 60 minutes. If you're short on time, you can place the dough in the freezer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Set aside to roll the cookies in prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the cookie dough into even sizes, approx. 1 – 2 tbsp. each. Roll into a ball and roll the ball completely in the sugar and cinnamon mix.
- Place cookies on parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool before removing from the baking tray (they'll be a little delicate while they're hot!).