This is one of those recipes that you stumble upon and it turns out you're really happy with the results. It was birthed from a lovely Friday night dinner with my wonderful husband. I didn't finish all of my steak, so of course I decided to take it home. What I didn't tell my husband (at the time) was that I had a plan for this amazingly prepared medium rib eye steak from one of my favorite steak houses! So the next morning, I got up, gathered my ingredients (which I already had), and voila!Enjoy this Calibama-style, five ingredient quiche!
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 lb bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup leftover steak!
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Chef Lorious Signature Seasoned Pepper
- 1 pie crust
- Cook bacon until fat is rendered. Set aside bacon and fat.
- Cook onions and garlic in bacon, until soft.
- Add mushrooms and spinach. Cook down.
- Add steak and bacon. Cook until all come together. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine eggs and cream. Whisk well.
- Add cheeses.
- Place meat and veggies in bottom of pie crust.
- Pour egg, milk and cheese mixture over meat and veggies.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes (until fork comes out clean and center is set).