For the scones...
- 3 cups A.P. flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 tsp salt (if unsalted butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup eggnog
For the glaze...
- 1 - 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 - 5 Tbsp eggnog (add slowly)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Prepare the scones...
- Combine all dry ingredients. Whisk together well.
- Mix in butter. Combine until crumbly.
- Mix egg and egg nog together; pour into dry ingredients.
- Combine all well.
- Place dough on floured surface and bring together with a light knead.
- Roll dough out to approx 1/2 - 1 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes, depending on your oven.
Prepare the glaze...
- Sift powdered sugar and add egg nog 1 - 2 Tbsp at a time until desired thickness achieved.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon. Combine well.
- When scones come out of the oven, glaze as desired.