Crab dip never lets you down. It is always delicious and it you’ll always want more…unless you don’t eat seafood! I recommend using jumbo lump crab meat because it doesn’t fall apart when added to the dip. There is nothing wrong with back fin or other crab meats, I have found that the jumbo lump crab meat works best. Do yourself a favor, and make this. You will be hooked, and glad about it!
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature room temperature
- 1 green onion chopped
- ½ white onion chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (set aside 1 Tbsp for top)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (set aside 1 Tbsp for top)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups jumbo lump crab meat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Begin by ensuring that the cream cheese is soft enough to use.
- Add all ingredients except for the crab meat into a large bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Once all ingredients have been combined, fold in the crab meat.
- Sprinkle the top with any remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes; until bubbly.