Truffle and 7 Cheese Mac & Cheese
Well, Family! I believe I have found The Answer to all of our problems. Are you ready for it? Here it comes......Truffle and 7 Cheese Mac & Cheese. As if Mac & Cheese by itself couldn't cure all that ails you, make it SEVEN cheese and truffle oil, well then the world is just a better place.I don't feel the need to do a lot of talking about this. I feel like I just need to shut up and post the recipe because the picture alone is worth 1,000 words.Happy Cooking and Enjoy.....
- 1 lb cooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp white truffle oil
- 1 tsp each basil, oregano, parsley, thyme
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup each Gouda, white cheddar, Monterey jack, Parmesan, Fontina, Havarti, Gruyere cheeses
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 - 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook and drain macaroni noodles. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Heat butter and white truffle oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, garlic, and herbs. Cook until fragrant and the onions are translucent.
- Add flour and stir to combine until the mixture has absorbed all of the flour.
- Slowly pour in cold heavy cream and continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and add all cheeses. Continue stirring until cheeses melt. Taste the cheese sauce; add salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- Pour cheese sauce into a bowl with drained, cooked noodles. Stir well to incorporate cheese and noodles. Taste to see if meets your approval! If not, adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Add lightly beaten eggs and stir well to combine.
- Top with panko bread crumbs and spray with cooking oil.
- Pour into baking dish and bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for approx 5 - 7 minutes.
- Eat your heart out!