- 1 1/2 cups Kalamata olives
- 1 cup green olives
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lemon
- 3 - 5 tbsp olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except for the olive oil. Pulse to chop.
- Add olive oil and continue pulsing until desired consistency is reached. Add fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- For best flavor, let the tapenade rest in the refrigerator for approximately one hour. This allows all of the flavors to come together. But, you don't have to wait...it's ready!!
- Serve as an appetizer with baguettes, crackers, or chips. Serve as a topping to fish or other meats. Enjoy!