- 1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 1/4 cup bread flour (if you don't have bread flour, all purpose flour is fine)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- In a small bowl, warm the milk to a temperature between 105 - 115 degrees F.
- Add the yeast and honey to the warmed milk. Stir to combine and set aside to allow the yeast to activate, about 5-7 minutes.
- After the yeast has activated, in a large bowl combine 1 cup of flour, the activated yeast mixture and the egg. Beat in a stand mixer until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour, salt and butter. Knead for approximately 5 minutes until a soft dough ball forms.
- Place the soft dough ball in a greased bowl, cover with a towel and place in a warm draft-free area to rise. (I place mine in my oven, turned off, light on). Allow the dough to rise for 45 - 60 minutes until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and separate into 12 rolls.
- Place the rolls in a well buttered baking dish (approximately 9 x 13).
- Cover and set aside to rise for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with butter, sprinkle with salt, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until rolls are golden brown on the top.
- Remove from oven and brush again with butter. Enjoy!!