Stuffed French Toast
This delicious recipe was initially shared during the Christmas season. It’s great for Christmas breakfast, etc…but the truth is, this is great for brunch anytime of year. This recipe has two variations: 1) sweet stuffed with lemon cream cheese and 2 savory stuffed with scrambled eggs and bacon. Honestly, both ways are amazing and we can never get decide around my house which is our favorite!
For the French Toast...
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp A.P. flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
Lemon Cream Cheese Filling...
- 8 oz softened cream cheese (1 block)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
For the French toast...
- Cut bread 1 1/2 - 2 inches slices. (I recommend Brioche or Challah bread)
- Cut pocket in top of bread, down about 1 inch from the bottom.
- Fill the pocket with the filling of your choice.
- Place bread in custard and soak for approx 30 seconds. Repeat on both sides of the bread.
- Cook pocket on griddle at low temperature (approx 300 degrees). Until outside is done, and inside is warm.
Lemon Cream Cheese filling....
- Combine all ingredients in with a fork, or whisk, or in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Stuff french toast!!!
- Garnish with powdered sugar, whipped cream and fresh berries of your choice.